Yesterday afternoon's lunch! The very first recipe I will be posting since officially becoming a vegetarian. The coolness of the sour cream works well with the heat of the peppers, and the pineapple adds a nice suprising sweet pop.
Super yummy, and very quick and easy, if you do a little prep and get canned, pre-chopped pineapple and peppers. You can make the sour cream sauce and start marinating the fish in the morning then just throw them on the grill when you get home!
* Small can of chopped green peppers
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 3/4 cup chopped cilantro (I actually just used dried, but lots of it.)
* 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for grilling.
* 1 pound tilapia
* 4 cups finely chopped cabbage
* small red onion, thinly chopped
* 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced and divided in half
* 1 small can pineapple chunks, drained
* Juice of one lime
* 1/2 tsp ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp dried oregano
* 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
* 8 tacos, flour or corn, toasted.
* In a bowl, combing the green pepper and half of the jalapeno with the sour cream, 1/2 cup cilantro, and olive oil. Stir to combing. Add salt if desired, to taste. Reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture.
* In a dish, spread the remaining mixture over both sides of the fish. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
* Remove to a cutting board and coarsely chop.