02 November 2012

Friday Finishes

Welcome to the very first Friday Finishes linky party!
Link up on Fridays with any finish you wish to share: craft, homework, dinner, baking, getting the cranky child to bed - well you get the idea.
I was perusing a book store on the island the other day and came across this darling little kit:

Now, I do not do a lot of sewing. Sometimes I embroider, and do a little of this and that, but it's not something I've ever been able to really get into. But this kit called my name! I decided, why not give it a try?
The contents of the kit. This is real wool stuffing. I only work with polyester fiberfill to keep things machine washable. I have never actually felt real wool stuffing. Wowzers, it was just about the softest stuff ever.
The pieces were easy to cute out of felt. I think if I make any more of these, they will definitely be out of felt - no worrying about the edges unraveling!
Mister birdy, all finished, hanging in a window. I think I am going to add another string further down the body to make him hang at a better angle. But I love him! I have no idea what I am going to do with him, though!
Now, I keep thinking of another super cute sewing kit in the same store. A set of Russian dolls in a cute tin. And we got some Trick-or-Treating in, which I am considering something we finished this week!

Surverying her booty!That's what I've finished this week. Now, what about you?

This week, I finished a couple of commissioned hats:
I love these hats. I love the angora/merino wool they're made out of, it's super soft and yummy. Maybe someday I'll add an adult size to the pattern!
Ravelled here: http://ravel.me/NataliesKnits/aebth3
Also, I made some Knucks:
I have been knitting my fingers off for a very long time now, with commissions (which I love that I am getting!) plus I've been renting tables at markets for my wares. And I enjoy knitting to no end, but for the past week or so, I've been feeling burned out. So, I decided it was time to make something for myself:
KNUCKS! I ran into this pattern on knitty.com when it first came out, and always meant to make it. My favorite kind of glove is the one with the half fingers, but I've never attempted them. (Well, I did once, but never finished the second glove.)
This pattern is great. The fingers are knit first, so the fiddliest bit is out of the way. Not that the fingers are really fiddly at all - they probably took me half an hour start to finish.
These are knit in DK weight, so they're super quick. (By the way, the coloring in the photo with just the fingers done it the most accurate. It's a real pretty pale blue.)
Ravelled here: http://ravel.me/NataliesKnits/k1And I made a pair of Vehnän Mitts.
Another super quick knit, using Dk weight yarn and size five needles.
Ravelled here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/vehnan-mitts
Linking up to Friday Finishes, join in the fun at Smiles are Contagious!
Flaunt it Fridays.


Friday Finishes - Join in the fun.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...